Monday, April 13, 2009

When can I start planting flowers?

I live in Ohio around the columbus area. I want to get some plants and flowers going this year. i was wondering when I should start planting. What does well in this area of the world. Maybe you can tell me yor favorite flowers or shrubs and when to .

When can I start planting flowers?
If your hardiness zone is 5-after April 15th


If your hardiness zone is 6- after April 1st (These dates are for outside) Columbus falls into both categories.
Reply:I%26#039;m in NW Ohio and have lots of success with Iris, Daylilies, Hosta, and Ornamental Grasses. Feel free to check out my website: http://www.gardening-quick-n-easy.com/ea...





My favorites are the Daylilies ... so much variety in the flower colors, shapes and plant sizes. I%26#039;ve got over 40 of them planted in the yard now and plan to add more each year that I have (or can make) room for them.





Up here, our last frost dates can be anywhere between May 1 to May 31. I usually watch accuweather.com beginning the 15th and check the 15 day forecast to find out roughly when I can start putting the new plants in the ground.





Let me know if you need more info or ideas ...





*~ Happy growing! ~*



super nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment